- Catch up on email, Pan message boards, staff work groups, exchange morning pleasantries with friends online at Pan and Twitter.
- Write blog post.
- More coffee.
- Kiss lady goodbye as she heads off to work.
- Post fiction to fiction blog.
- Find out why toilet keeps running.
- Make some breakfast (eggs and breakfast links)
- Write fiction for collaborative role-play novels: Turnskin (werewolves), FLESH (zombies).
- Make a chili con carne for the slow cooker.
- Root some plant cuttings.
- Contribute to reference and zone discussions at Pan like Fleur-de-lis on my most recent gardening adventures, or the Zone : Westerns on some western fun.
- Call the mechanic about making an appointment to have the car done.
- Put together some shelves bought at Staples so the last of the books from the move can be put away.
- Deactivate CS3 on my old computer so it can be activated on the new one.
- Clean the apartment.
- Pick up best mate from the airport for week long visit.
- Eat chili con carne.
- Pass out.
I might just jump ahead to the ‘pass out’ part right now just from reading this list. And this doesn’t even include a million and one other little jobs for Pan Historia or my Bardic Web client that needs to be done. I went off to make my second pot of coffee and kiss my lady goodbye between writing the last line and this one and had to add line 7 to the list. Variables could throw a spanner in the whole awesome plan. I might need to be prepared to throw any number of items off the list – but the one thing that is NOT going to be eliminated is writing the fiction.
It’s been a whole week since I have found the time to write fiction. Regardless of life’s fusillade of distractions I will practice what I preach.